Sunday, November 14, 2010

Friendship is a funny thing......

So this last couple of weeks, I received good news & bad news regarding friendship. My best friend of 6 years surprised me & is coming to visit me here in Germany ( I haven't seen her in over 2 years!!). Then I found out a few days ago, one of my only good friends here in Germany is moving away in the new year.


It got me thinking about friendships & this military life. It seems ever since I got here, I have made friends only for them to either leave or ditch me. This used to get me down, but now I realise that I should just embrace the friendships while they last & make the most of them.

Now I feel I have a new outlook on the nature of friendships. I'm no longer going to get upset when I have to say goodbye to a friend (or lose a friend), I'm just going to savour the memories & look forward to the new friends I will make in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment