Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Introducing myself

Well, I've never done a blog before so I thought I would start by introducing myself, telling you a little about my life and how I became a military wife.

I was born and raised in England, and I am very proud of my English roots. I moved to Atlanta, GA when I was 19 when my dad got a job there. My latest move was to Mannheim, Germany where my husband is stationed with the USAF.

My family and friends mean the world to me, I would do anything for them. I'm a tidy freak, and will organize everything I can. I love scrapbooking, photography (even if it doesn't turn out too great) and travelling.

My husband Chris is my everything, I fall in love with him more everyday! We met when he was stationed at RAF Lakenheath in 2007 and we have been through a lot these last 3 years. We began dating 2 weeks after my 18th birthday - everything was perfect until we found he got orders to Germany for a few months time. We made the most of our time together in England before he moved and we begun our long distance relationship adventure. Not long after he left for Germany, my family found out my dad had got a job in Atlanta. We packed up our bags and left in October 2008 - increasing the distance between me and Chris by thousands of miles & a 6 hour time difference. Things were very tough, as I was trying to adapt to living in a new country whilst constantly missing Chris.

2009 was a very trying year for us, as Chris deployed to Iraq for 6 months and when we thought things couldn't get worse, they always did.. We only spent 6 weeks together the whole of 2009. However I did get to start planning for our wedding and discovered how strong our relationship was. Finally 2010 was here and things started to look up straight away. We had our dream wedding at a country club in GA on March 5th and I flew out to Germany a month later. I still pinch myself that we are finally together! We have a year left at this base, and we can't wait to find out where the Air Force is sending us next.

Hope my blog gives you an insight into the life of a young Air Force wife :)

No comments:

Post a Comment